Primary Admission Arrangements for September 2021-22
The arrangements for co-ordinated admissions in Medway will be set out in detail in the Medway Council booklet for parents ‘Admission to Primary School’, a copy of which will be available from the Admissions Team at Medway Council.
Parents who wish to apply for admission to the school should do so online here. If parents prefer to complete a paper application form, they should contact the Student Services Admissions Team at Medway Council.
Depending on the method of application, offers of places will be emailed or posted to parents by Medway Council on behalf of the Governing Body as stated in the booklet. Parents must accept/refuse the place by the agreed date.
The key dates for primary school admissions 2021 as advised by Medway council are:
- Primary school applications open: 9am on Monday 7 September 2020
- Primary school applications close (national closing date): 5pm on Friday 15 January 2021
- Offers sent to parents and carers (national offer date): 16 April 2021
- Places must be accepted or refused by Friday 14 May 2021
- Requests to go on a waiting list and appeals must be submitted by Friday 14 May 2021
- Re-allocation of empty places begins on Monday 7 June 2021
- Re-allocation of empty places ends on Friday 31 December 2021
A waiting list will operate according to the co-ordinated scheme.
Delce Academy has a target school roll of 610 pupils. It has seventeen classes from Year R to Year 6, and three classes in the Delce Education Centre. The planned admission number is 30 pupils in Year R and 160 in Year 3*.
There will be a single Year R intake in September 2021 for children born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 and, a single Year 3 intake in September 2021 for children born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014.
If your child is in year 2 at Delce Academy you do not need to apply for a place in our year 3 .
NB: Parents have the right to defer entry until the start of Term 3 or after the child’s 5th birthday, if they so wish.
*Year 3 is a combination of 130 external places and 30 internal places.
In the event of a tie within any criterion, before the last criterion, places will be allocated to those living the closest distance to the academy. If the number of requests received via the co‐ordinated scheme is more than the number of places available, places will be allocated in the following priority order:
- Children in Public Care – looked after children and previously looked after children;
- Children attending paired infant schools; Crest Infants and St Peters Infants N.B. this criteria applies to admissions to year 3 only;
- Children who, at the time of application have a brother or sister (including children living as siblings in the same family unit) on the school roll and who will still be attending in September 2021;
- Children from schools within the Trust;
- Child’s health reasons which require the child to attend this school where this can be supported by medical evidence;
- Children who at the time of application have a parent who is a member of staff at the school (where the member of staff has been employed for three years or more at the time at which the application for admission is made and/or where the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage);
- Nearness of the child’s home to the school measured using Medway Council’s procedures for ascertaining the shortest available safe route between home and the school.
All in year admission enquiries should be addressed to Delce Academy. If you wish to apply for a place at Delce Academy an Application Form will need to be downloaded and completed. The completed form should either be sent via Royal Mail or scanned and sent electronically to email@example.com or delivered in person to Delce Academy.
If there are no spaces in the year group requested and you wish your child to be placed on a waiting list, please download and complete the Waiting List Request Form. The completed form should either be sent via Royal Mail or scanned and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered in person to Delce Academy.
CASUAL ADMISSIONS WHEN TRANSFERRING SCHOOLS WITHOUT MOVING HOME
If a parent wishes to transfer their child from another school without moving home, the Headteacher and/or Head of School will contact the child’s current school to ascertain the situation so that our academy is able to offer the correct support should the child be offered a place. It is also expected that the parent/carer of the child, along with the child themselves when appropriate, visit our academy and meet with the Headteacher and/or Head of School before any place will be offered.
Parents/carers have the right to appeal if a place is not offered to their child. Appeals will be handled in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code and the Governing Bodies policy on admission appeals. If you wish to appeal a decision please download and complete the Admission Appeal Form. The completed form should either be sent via Royal Mail or scanned and sent electronically to email@example.com or delivered in person to Delce Academy.
The deadlines for parents to lodge appeals and guarantee they are heard on time is 14th May 2021 (primary admissions).