Why do we like the internet?
- It is interesting and fun.
- We can learn a lot from the internet.
- We use it for our school work.
What are the dangers of children going online?
- We could see or hear things that are not suitable for children.
- People on the internet can pretend that they are someone else.
- People could ask for personal information, which is dangerous.
- Not everybody on the internet is kind.
Why do we need an e-safety policy?
- To keep children safe whilst also having fun using the internet at home and at school.
- To make sure children know what to do if something on the internet makes them worried.
How does Delce Academy keep children safe when they use the internet at school?
- The grown-ups are always watching us when we use the internet at school.
- The grown-ups explain to us how to use the Internet safely.
- Our school filters the search results so that it is OK for children to see.
If children have a problem when they are online, what should they do?
- Keep calm and tell a grown up straight away.
- Stay on the page so a grown up can see what has made us feel worried/upset.
- Block and report anyone that is being unkind.
What should they not do?
- Do not keep worries to yourself.
- Do not be unkind back to anybody.
- Do not delete messages.
- Do not switch off the computer without telling a grown-up.
Our internet rules are:
- We ask permission before using the internet and we only use websites that a grown-up has told us to use.
- We never share our passwords with anyone else.
- We must never give anyone our personal information.
- We need to tell a grown up if we see or hear something that makes us upset or worried.
- We will never look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty.