At Delce Academy we are committed to safeguarding all the children. Schools play an essential role in protecting children from abuse. They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
We safeguard children by:
- Creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices.
- Ensuring that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to children.
- Making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice.
- Teaching children and young people about staying safe.
- Maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
Delce Academy Designated Safeguarding Leads
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - Mrs Hannah Chandler
Deputy Safeguarding Leads - Mrs Helen Morrish and Mrs Sam Sparks
Governor Safeguarding Lead - Amanda Boyne