The School Day
9:00am - 12:30pm
1:00pm - 3:00pm
Pupils are expected to be in class at 9:00am parents are requested to ensure that children are not late for the start of the school day.
The safety of your children is very important to us. In order for you to help us ensure the safety of all children and adults on the school site at the beginning and end of each day we have set procedures and routines in place.
Beginning of the day
- Pupils must be accompanied by an adult at all times on site
- Children will enter the building through class doors at 9:00am. Alternative arrangements may be possible for children in exceptional circumstances
End of the day
- Parents/carers please wait on the playground
- All children to be collected from the playground
- Children of parents that have been unavoidably delayed will be taken into the school office to await safe collection.
What do we do if it is raining heavily in the morning?
From 8:50 Parents may wait with their children by the front office until 9:00am.
What do I do if I need to drop my children off before the start of school?
We offer a breakfast club that runs every morning between 7:40 and 8:45. The club is run by City Way Nursery. Further details are available from the school office.
What should I do if my child has left personal belongings in the building?
All adults and children entering the building must enter through the Reception entrance. Office staff must know who is within the building at all times due to Stranger Danger and Fire Regulations.
What should I do if it is raining heavily in the afternoon?
Please remain on the playground. All children will be brought out through the reception door by their class teacher. Please do not come into reception or stand on the ramp, these areas become congested very quickly making it extremely difficult for a secure handover.
In the event of an extreme circumstance we will endeavour to send a text message to advise you of a change to the routine.