The School Day
Due to COVID-19, our school day will differ for different pupils. Please check here
The safety of your children is very important to us. In order for you to help us ensure the safety of all children and adults on the school site at the beginning and end of each day we have set procedures and routines in place.
23.5 hours per week are devoted to teaching (excluding assemblies, registration and break-times). Pupils are expected to be in class from 8:45am onwards and parents are requested to ensure that children are not late for the start of the school day.
Beginning of the day
- Our playground gates open at 8:30am children can be dropped off at the gate where an SLT member will be present;
- Children in Year 5 and 6 may go straight to their classroom;
- Children in Year R, 1, 2, 3 and 4 will be met on the playground by their class teacher;
- The gates close at 9:00, any children arriving to their classrooms after 8:55 will be marked as late.
End of the day
- All children are to be collected from the playground;
- Permission for Year 5 and 6 children to walk home unaccompanied will need to be given in writing by their parent/carer;
- Please inform the school office by 3pm if collection arrangements differ from your child's normal routine;
- Children of parents that have been unavoidably delayed will be taken to the school office to await safe collection.
Please could we reiterate that children may only be collected from their allocated playgrounds. This ensures a smooth and secure handover.
|Year R, 1, 2, 3 and 4||Year 5 and 6||Delce Education Centre|
|Reception Doors Open for Enquiries||8:30||8:30||8:30|
|Gates open to pupils and registers open||8:45||8:45||9:00|
|Play Time||10:30 - 10:45||10:45 - 11:00||10:30 - 10:45|
|Lunch Time||11:30 - 12:30||12:30 - 13:30||12:00 - 12:30|
|End of School Day||15:25||15:25||15:00|
What do we do if it is raining heavily in the morning?
The school gates will open at the usual time of 8:30. Children may come in through the Tideway entrance and proceed straight to their class. A member of the Senior Leadership Team will be present on the gates and staff will supervise inside the school
What do I do if I need to drop my children off before the start of school?
We offer a breakfast club that runs every morning between 7:40 and 8:45. The club is run by City Way Nursery. For more information click here to take you to our Wrap Around Care information. Further details are also available from the Academy Office.
What should I do if my child has left personal belongings in the building?
All adults and children entering the building must enter through the Academy Office entrance. Office staff must know who is within the building at all times due to Stranger Danger and Fire Regulations.
What should I do if it is raining heavily in the afternoon?
Please remain on the playground. All children will be brought out through the reception door by their class teacher. Please do not come into reception or stand on the ramp, these areas become congested very quickly making it extremely difficult for a secure handover.
In the event of an extreme circumstance we will endeavour to send a text message to advise you of a change to the routine.