The School Day
Beginning of the day
- Our playground gates open at 8:30am children can be dropped off at the gates where an SLT member will be present;
- Children will be greeted by staff along their way to their classroom where they will be greeted by their class teacher.
- The gates close at 8:50am, any children arriving to their classrooms after 8:55am will be marked as late.
End of the day
- All children are to be collected from the playground. If you would like to speak to your child’s teacher, this can be achieved via the office by telephone or email email@example.com or you may talk with them on the playground at the end of the day.
- Permission for Year 5 and 6 children to walk home unaccompanied will need to be given in writing by their parent/carer;
- Please inform the school office by 3pm if collection arrangements differ from your child's normal routine;
- Children of parents that have been unavoidably delayed will be taken to the school office to await safe collection.
Please could we reiterate that children may only be collected from their allocated playgrounds. This ensures a smooth and secure handover.
|Year 2, 3 & 4||Year 5 & 6||Delce Education Centre|
|Gates open to pupils and registers open||8:30||8:30||9:00|
|Play Time||10:15 - 10:30||10:15 - 10:30||10:30 - 10:45|
|Lunch Time||12:15 - 13:15||12:30 - 13:30||12:30 - 13:00|
|End of School Day||15:25||15:25||15:00|
What do we do if it is raining heavily in the morning?
The school gates will open early by 8:30am. Children may come in through the Tideway entrance and proceed straight through the main entrance and walk to their classrooms. A member of the Senior Leadership Team will be present on the gates and staff will supervise inside the school.
What do I do if I need to drop my children off before the start of school?
We offer a breakfast club that runs every morning between 7:40 and 8:45. The club is run by City Way Nursery. For more information click here to take you to our Wrap Around Care information. Further details are also available from the Academy Office.
What should I do if my child has left personal belongings in the building?
All adults and children entering the building must enter through the Delce Academy Office entrance. Office staff must know who is within the building at all times due to Stranger Danger and Fire Regulations.
What should I do if it is raining heavily in the afternoon?
Please remain on the playground. All children will be brought out onto the playground by their class teacher. Please do not come into reception or stand on the ramp, these areas become congested very quickly making it extremely difficult for a secure handover.
In the event of an extreme circumstance we will endeavour to send a text message to advise you of a change to the routine.