We have received the final Ofsted report for Delce Academy which judges the school to require special measures, which is clearly very disappointing for everyone involved with the school and the trust.
Ofsted recognised that:
- Staff follow safeguarding procedures well. They work hard to keep children safe in school;
- Pupils enjoy a range of activities that promote a healthy lifestyle;
- Early reading, writing and mathematics are taught systematically in the Reception Class;
- Leaders are determined that pupils receive appropriate support;
- PE was a strength of the school.
Governors, school leaders and the Trust are committed to continuing the improvement work which has already begun this year with the appointment of the new Executive Head and the leadership restructure. This was acknowledged by the Ofsted team on their visit.
Since this appointment:
- Phase leaders have been released from class teaching;
- Work is continuing to further enrich the curriculum;
- Teachers are receiving training on the use of assessment to inform and support learning.
We are currently working with the full support of the Trust and the Local Governing Body to produce an action plan for sustainable improvement. Parents and Carers will have an opportunity to consult on this and your views will be valued and appreciated.
Our latest Ofsted report can be viewed online
If you require a hard copy of the report please ask at the school office.